I hinted at these muffins in my last post about placemaking and the practical steps we're taking to make this space and city feel like home. I won't tell you how many warm-from-the-oven muffins I ate, but I will tell you that they didn't last much longer than 24 hours. This recipe is so easy and perfect for a special morning treat or a Tuesday afternoon pick-me-up (hint hint). Just add a pat of butter inside or smother in your favorite nut butter for a boost of energy.
Vegan (or not) Banana Muffins
1 1/2 c flour
1/2 c cane sugar
1/4 c brown sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 teas baking powder
1/2 teas baking soda
1 c very ripe banana, mashed
1/2 c coconut oil
1/2 c almond milk (or whole milk for non-vegan)
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease muffin pan or line with papers.
2. Stir together dry ingredients: flour, sugars, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
3. Whisk remaining wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Stir well until few lumps remain. I often leave small uniform lumps if coconut oil is in a solid state.
4. Mix all ingredients together until just combined.
5. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter.
6. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until done (toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean).
7. Makes 6-8 muffins
For best results, make muffins while wearing pajamas and bedhead and share with someone you love. ♡